Politics Rewired is hiring a Texting Organizer to help us support users of Spoke Rewired, our hosted peer-to-peer texting platform. This will include fully managing the texting programs of some our highest impact clients.
Here at Rewired, we believe much of modern organizing comes down to building scalable systems that enable volunteers to do valuable work. Therefore, our ideal candidate will have experience designing, managing, and improving scaleable organizing systems.
We’re conducting interviews on a rolling basis, and looking for someone who can start as soon as possible. The application period will close on November 1st.
Politics Rewired is a worker-owned cooperative designing human and technological solutions for organizers. We work with organizers to streamline workflows, freeing them up to focus on what they do best: building relationships. We work with campaigns, unions, and movement organizations.
The Role and Team
As a texting organizer, you’ll be part of a small team of fellow organizers who work closely with our developers and our clients. You will be analyzing campaign effectiveness, planning outreach strategies and timelines, and building texting campaigns for Spoke Rewired clients. You will also help manage and build systems to schedule and oversee a team of paid texters who sometimes add capacity to clients’ texting operations.
We are 100% remote during COVID-19 and have members in New York, California, Massachusetts, and North Carolina.
Base rate of $70,000 per year with health, vision, and dental insurance. We cover 100% of premiums on a low-to-no deductible plan.
Additionally, all employees and contractors are eligible for quarterly profit sharing.
For this position to be a good fit, you MUST have:
- Experience building, evaluating, and executing systems
- At least 1 year (or cycle) as primary manager of volunteer/staff team
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Patience, adaptability and empathy (especially for teammates, organizers and volunteers)
- An interest in Rewired/grassroots organizing/building the Left
For this position to be a good fit, you SHOULD have:
- Familiarity administering a texting tool (Spoke Rewired highly preferred)
- Familiarity with or willingness to be trained on the use of technical tools and query languages, e.g. SQL
- Comfort talking to clients and preparing and presenting analyses
- Experience operating programs within the electoral or movement space in a remote environment
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a resume and short cover letter to email@example.com.
Rewired is an equal opportunity employer. We highly encourage applications from all backgrounds, and don’t discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, class background, or otherwise. We believe that the most impactful work—and the best work environments—include and foster a range of diverse perspectives. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to apply for or perform the essential functions of the job should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application Accommodation” to request such an accommodation.